CII Sends Letter to Senate Appropriations Committee on SEC Funding
CII issued a letter to the members of the Senate Appropriations Committee urging members to oppose passage of the Financial Services and General Government Appropriations bill, unless it is amended, to increase the SEC’s budget consistent with the SEC chair's request. Read more...
Cadre of Recidivist Firms Continues to Ignore Shareholder VotesAs shareholders begin to gear up for the 2016 proxy season, they might want to take stock of several Russell 3000 companies. Each has at least one of the following concerns:
- Failure to implement reforms called for by a shareholder proposal that received majority support for at least two consecutive years including 2015
- A board seat occupied by a director who received less than majority support for consecutive years including 2015
- Say-on-pay proposals that failed to garner majority support for consecutive years including 2015
Read more for the list of recidivist firms...
News & Highlights
- Sept. 4, 2015 - White House Considering Law Professor for SEC Seat - The Wall Street Journal
- Aug. 27, 2015 - Proxy Access The Next Governance Battlefield - Financial Post
- Aug. 24, 2015 - 3 Things You Need to Know as a Shareholder About Proxy Access - The Street
- Aug. 17, 2015 - Proxy Access: Best Practices - Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation
- Aug. 18, 2015 - CII welcomes Intel Corporation as a new member!
- Aug. 9, 2015 - Proxy Access—the Devil Is in the Details - The National Law Review
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in corporate governance
- Access the weekly CII Governance Alert and Special Reports
- Interact with top staff of major U.S. institutional investors at CII conferences
- Gain from CII's reputation as the leading advocate for institutional investors