Registration for CII's 30th Anniversary Conference and Corporate Governance 101 is now open!
Register today to take advantage of the networking opportunities and educational sessions featuring stellar speakers, including:
- William Ackman, founder & CEO, Pershing Square Capital Management
- Mary Schapiro, vice chair, Promontory Advisory Board, and former chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Leo Strine Jr., chief justice, Delaware Supreme Court
- Robert Zoellick, chairman, Goldman Sachs' International Advisors, and former president, World Bank
Corporate Governance 101 is an introductory course tailored for fund trustees but open to all interested CII member representatives. Space is limited and a fee applies. Click here for more information.
CII Board of Directors Appoints Advisory Council Members for 2015
CII congratulates all of the member representatives selected to serve on the Corporate Governance Advisory Council and the brand-new Markets Advisory Council for 2015. All are from nonvoting member organizations and were appointed by the CII Board of Directors. The primary mission of the Corporate Governance Advisory Council is to provide input to the board and staff on CII activities that promote effective corporate goverance and enhance the value of CII membership, share insights on current issues and trends and recommend speakers and topics for CII events or initiatives. The Markets Advisory Council’s primary mission is to provide input to the board and staff on legal, financial reporting and investment market trends and recommend speakers and topics for CII events or initiatives.
News & Highlights
- Feb. 18, 2014 - Chamber Tells SEC Universal Ballots Will Lead to Proxy Fights, More Disruption - BNA
- Feb. 11, 2015 - Corp Fin Director Higgins Shares His Thoughts on Rule 14a-8(I)(9), the Exclusion for Conflicting Proposals - Lexology
- Feb. 5, 2015 - Withdrawal of Whole Foods No-Action Letter Leaves a Hole in Proxy Access Proposal Defense - JD Supra
- Jan. 30, 2015 - Pension Funds Don't Really Value Right to Sue for Fraud - New Study - Reuters
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in corporate governance
- Access the weekly CII Governance Alert and Special Reports
- Interact with top staff of major U.S. institutional investors at CII conferences
- Gain from CII's reputation as the leading advocate for institutional investors