- Hosted 12 teleconferences on Dodd-Frank provisions and implementation. Issued white paper on pros and cons to investors of changing securities regulations applicable to IPOs and “small” companies.
- Hosted 13 teleconferences on a range of issues of interest to members, including proxy access resolutions, sustainability issues, and “just vote no” campaigns.
- Commissioned five plain-English issue briefs, prepared by three top law professors who are experts in securities law, business and public policy, on the potential impact of the JOBS Act on institutional investors.
- Issued a “white paper” by a third-party expert on the impact on institutional investors of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Morrison v. National Australia Bank.
- Provided General Members with an online tool from Equilar for assessing executive pay and company performance, and with detailed reports on 10 companies with losing or high "no" 2011 say-on-pay votes
- Updated two primers on securities litigation and nominating directors.
Led a working group of interested General Members and the CII staff to discuss international proxy voting/activism issues.
- Responded promptly to numerous requests from Congressional staff relating to CII policies and public positions on corporate governance and regulatory reform issues.
- Met in-person with staff of new members of the 112th Congress to introduce them to CII and identify and discuss areas of common interest.
- Submitted dozens of comment letters on various regulatory reform proposals addressing CII policies and the recommendations in an Investors' Working Group report.
- Executed an engagement program with eight companies approved by the CII board. Followed up one engagement by funding a successful just-vote-no campaign against the two director candidates.
- Identified directors who failed to win majority votes and shareowner resolutions that won majority votes and followed up with each company.
- Submitted formal request asking the Delaware Bar to establish a minimum voting requirement of a majority of votes cast for the uncontested election of directors.
Submitted formal request to Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange to mandate one-share, one-vote for common stock by prohibiting the listing of new companies with unequal voting rights for common shares.
- Hosted successful semi-annual meetings featuring high profile speakers with a variety of perspectives on the hottest issues facing the Council and its membership.
- Upgraded Council Web site to enhance ease of use and ability of the Council and members to interact.
- Prioritized staff visits with members and completed professional, third-party survey of General Membership.