CII Raises Concerns About Proxy Adviser and SEC Reform Bills
In written testimony prepared for a May 17 House capital markets subcommittee hearing, CII said a bill that would tighten regulation of proxy advisory firms was “a solution in search of a problem.” The prepared statement by CII Executive Director Ken Bertsch also warned that the SEC Regulatory Accountability Act was unnecessary and would paralyze the nation’s top securities cop. The Florida State Board of Administration also submitted written comments for consideration by the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises.
CII Executive Director to Interview Microsoft Chair at ICGN Conference
CII Executive Director Ken Bertsch will discuss shareholder activism, technology trends and more in a one-on-one interview with Microsoft Chairman John Thompson on June 29 in San Francisco. The discussion is among the highlights of the 2016 annual conference of the International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN), June 27-29 at the Fairmont Hotel. Other sessions include a keynote address by SEC Chair Mary Jo White and a panel discussion moderated by CII Chair Theresa Whitmarsh on environmental, social and governance risks in Asia-Pacific markets. CII Members wishing to attend the conference can take advantage of a special rate (in the registration form select ‘Non-member’ under Delegate Type and use the discount code: ICGNSFPRTCII).
News & Highlights
- May 24, 2016 - VW Holders Seek Expanded Emissions Probe
- May 23, 2016 - Controlled Media Companies: Built For Comfort, Not Performance
- May 23, 2016 - Exxon Faces Proxy Access Showdown, Again
- May 13, 2016 - Time for an Investor Bill of Rights
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in corporate governance
- Access the weekly CII Governance Alert and Special Reports
- Interact with top staff of major U.S. institutional investors at CII conferences
- Gain from CII's reputation as the leading advocate for institutional investors