CII Publishes Investor Guide to Engagement on Cyber Risk
As cyber attacks against companies escalate, cybersecurity has become a critical component of the board of directors’ role in risk oversight. To help investors gauge whether public company boards are overseeing that risk effectively, the Council of Institutional Investors has published a shareholder guide, Prioritizing Cybersecurity: Five Investor Questions for Portfolio Company Boards.
CII Seeks Meeting with DOJ About Investor-Company Engagement
CII is concerned that recent comments and enforcement action by the Department of Justice could chill normal dialogue between shareholders and management and boards at U.S. public companies. In an April 27 letter to the DOJ Antitrust Division, CII Executive Director Ken Bertsch requested a meeting to discuss the DOJ’s concerns and share CII’s perspective. CII policies support engagement between investors and companies on corporate governance and shareholder rights issues as an essential means to foster corporate accountability to shareholders. Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Mary Jo White has also voiced strong support for shareholder-company engagement.
News & Highlights
- May 4, 2016 - U.K. Executive Pay Faces Shareholder Revolt as Packages Swell - Bloomberg
- April 29, 2016 - How Much Is Say on Pay Changing Executive Pay Practices? - Equilar Blog
- April 22, 2016 - Fantasy Math Is Helping Companies Spin Losses Into Profits - The New York TImes
- April 22, 2016 - New Rules Curbing Wall Street Pay Proposed - The Wall Street Journal
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in corporate governance
- Access the weekly CII Governance Alert and Special Reports
- Interact with top staff of major U.S. institutional investors at CII conferences
- Gain from CII's reputation as the leading advocate for institutional investors