CII Publishes Guides to Delegated Proxy Voting and Securities Litigation
CII released two guides for fund fiduciaries. “Monitoring Delegated Proxy Voting: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask” is a guide for fiduciaries who delegate proxy voting to investment managers or agents and is designed to help them benchmark their practices and exercise oversight and monitoring. CII also published “Participating in Foreign Securities Fraud Litigation: Top 10 Considerations for Institutional Investors.” This guide provides institutional investors with a starting point for considering whether to participate in securities fraud litigation outside the United States. Both guides are in the members-only Guides to Governance Basics library.
CII Board Creates Markets Advisory Council, Corporate Governance Advisory Council
CII’s Board of Directors will create a new advisory council of non-voting members (Educational Sustainers and Honorary International Participants). The Markets Advisory Council will be responsible primarily for providing input to the board and staff on legal, financial reporting and investment market trends, and suggesting topics and speakers for CII meetings and teleconferences. The board also renamed the current advisory council the Corporate Governance Advisory Council and sharpened its primary mission: to provide input to the board and staff on CII corporate governance policies and initiatives, and to share insights on current issues and trends in corporate governance. Nominations for 2015 membership on both councils will be announced in December.
News & Highlights
- October 24, 2014 - Commissioner's Concerns About Civil Penalties Temper SEC's Release of FY14 Enforcement Results - The National Law Review
- October 13, 2014 - Pension-Related Cases Being Heard by the Supreme Court - Business Insurance
- October 6, 2014 - Re-evaluating the Board Evaluation - JD Supra
- October 3, 2014 - Panel Offers Differing Views on Governance with Public Technology Companies - Pensions & Investments
- August 25, 2014 Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements - Money Life
- August 25, 2014 Asset-Backed Bonds Facing Tougher SEC Disclosure Rules - Bloomberg
- August 21, 2014-Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements- ProPublica
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in corporate governance
- Access the weekly CII Governance Alert and Special Reports
- Interact with top staff of major U.S. institutional investors at CII conferences
- Gain from CII's reputation as the leading advocate for institutional investors