How Council policies are made: The nine non-officer members of CII's Board of Directors serve as CII’s Policies Committee. They suggest ideas for policies, draft staff policy drafts and decide which proposed policies to submit to the full board. Once approved by the board, a proposed policy is subject to a vote by General Members.
Draft policies open for comment: There are currently no draft policies available for comment. On July 23 the Policies committee approved two new draft policies, which are available to members for review on the Updates-Polices page. Following a comment period, the full board approved the draft policies on August 20. General Members will vote on the draft policies at the fall conference in Chicago.
Suggest policy topics: Members are welcome to suggest policies to CII directors or staff and may comment on proposed policies through the Policies Updates page or or by contacting CII staffer Glenn Davis.
View CII corporate governance policies
- The Board of Directors
- Shareowner Voting Rights
- Shareowner Meetings
- Executive Compensation
- Director Compensation
- Independent Director Definition
View CII policies on other issues
- Value of Corporate Governance
- Financial Gatekeepers
- Credit Rating Agencies
- Independence of Accounting and Auditing Standard Setters
- Effective and Efficient Proxy Voting
- Best Disclosure Practices for Institutional Investors
- Guiding Principles for Trading Practices, Commission Levels, Soft Dollars and Commission Recapture
- Support of Defined Benefit Plans