The Council for Institutional Investors is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy describes the ways in which we collect, use, and disclose the information we collect about you through this Web site.
In general. We will collect personal information about you – including your name, title, email address, phone number, and postal address – when you register on our site. We also may ask you to provide information about your plan, fund or foundation and other membership-related information. In addition, if you choose to contact us, we may store the information you provide to us in that manner.
Use of Information
Your information may be used to:
- Manage your account;
- Provide you with products and services that you are entitled to receive as part of your membership;
- Notify you about events, developments, upcoming publications, and other matters on which we believe you will be interested;
- Request your feedback about particular issues;
- Help us customize and personalize our Web site; develop new products and services; and
Improve the quality of our Web site and the services we offer.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell or rent our membership list to third parties. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, including:
- With our authorized service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as survey fulfillment). These vendors are not authorized to use your personal information for any other purposes.
- To a reporter or other individual who is interested in contacting one of our members about a particular issue.
- To respond to subpoenas or other legal process, and to exercise our legal rights.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our organization, our employees, or our members; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Web site terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
You can review and update the personal information you have provided through our Web site by logging in to our site as a member and updating your profile.
We maintain appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or inadvertent destruction. For example, we limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information.
We want you to feel confident using our Web site. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to protect your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or other communications will always remain secure.