Start Date: 9/16/2019 12:00 PM EDT
End Date: 9/18/2019 12:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Hilton Minneapolis Location:
1001 S Marquette Ave
Minneapolis, MN United States 55403
The Council of Institutional Investors
Registration will open June 17.
Travel & Lodging Considerations
For most attendees, the main conference will begin around 3 PM CT on Monday, September 16 and will end with a buffet lunch at noon on Wednesday, September 18. However, there are a few administrative meetings and private and/or educational sessions that take place prior to the start of the conference. These events include:
- Corporate Governance Master Class: Evaluating Pay-for-Performance (Open to all attendees, separate registration and fee required)
- Engagement Exchange Meetings: Private invitation only
- Pension Fund Trustee Roundtable: Open to pension fund trustees only
If you are attending any of these events please plan to arrive by 11 AM CT on Monday, September 16.
CII has a block of discounted rooms reserved at the Hilton ranging from $229-279/night which can be booked with your conference registration. If you have any questions about which events you may attend before the conference, please reach out to staff at 202.822.0800.
Session Topics & Speakers
- Hot topics in financial market regulation
SEC Commissioner Robert Jackson Jr.
- The CIO Perspective on Fiduciary Duty and ESG in Investment
Scott Mather, CIO, U.S. Core Strategies, PIMCO
Amy McGarrity, CIO, Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association
Dave Zellner, CIO, Wespath Benefits and Investments
- Lessons from the front lines: Challenges and Solutions for Renewable Energy Deployment and Transitions
Christopher Clark, president, Xcel Energy
Dan Lipschultz, Commissioner, Minnesota Public Utilities Commission
Kate O’Haire, Vice President-Development-North, EDF Renewable Energy
Kevin Pranis, LIUNA Minnesota and North Dakota
- Auditing Issues and Proxy Voting
Elizabeth Mooney, Accounting Analyst, Capital Group
- Motivation in Financial Decision-Making
Dan Ariely, James B. Duke Professor of Psychology and Behavioral Economics, Duke University; Co-Founder, BEworks; Author