Start Date: 10/19/2021 2:00 PM EDT
End Date: 10/19/2021 3:00 PM EDT
Amid claims of greenwashing, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is heightening scrutiny of funds’ ESG claims and is considering requiring greater disclosure relating to funds’ ESG strategies and fund names. As the SEC Chair Gary Gensler recently put it, “The basic idea is truth in advertising….Investors should be able to drill down to see what’s under the hood of these funds.”
This webinar provides a sneak peek at the Global ESG Disclosure Standards for Investment Products set to launch on 1 November, 2021. CFA Institute has developed the first global voluntary disclosure standards for investment products that incorporate ESG approaches in their objectives, investment strategy, and stewardship activities, with the aim of providing greater transparency and consistency in ESG-related disclosures. The Standards are designed to accommodate all ESG approaches for all investment vehicles and all asset classes.
The panel discussion will explore the following:
- What prompted CFA Institute to develop the Standards?
- What is the scope and purpose of the Standards, and how will they address confusion in understanding and comparing investment products that incorporate ESG approaches?
- What are the benefits and relevant considerations for investors?
- How will the Standards harmonize disclosures without conflicting with regulations, labels, and other standards?
- Moderator: Jeff Mahoney, General Counsel, CII.
- Bruno Bertocci, Managing Director, Head of Sustainability in Active Equities, UBS Asset Management; Chair, CFA Institute ESG Technical Committee
- Chris Fidler, Senior Director, Global Industry Standards, CFA Institute.
- Deborah Kidd, CFA, Director, Global Industry Standards, CFA Institute.