ESG Associate, Investment Stewardship
Neuberger Berman believes that integrating material environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes helps to better deliver our clients’ investment objectives. The firm has a long history of integrating ESG factors into its investment strategies – we introduced avoidance screens in 1942, launched a concentrated long-only active equity socially responsible fund in 1989 and have been a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment since 2012. As an active manager, engagement has always been central to our investment philosophy. We believe dialogue between investors and companies can positively influence corporate behaviors to drive long-term, sustainable returns for our clients.
The ESG Investing team is responsible for deepening and innovating Neuberger Berman’s integration of material ESG factors across equities, fixed income, and private investment strategies. This includes coordinating and guiding the engagement and stewardship activities of our portfolio managers and analysts, partnering with our portfolio managers on further improving their investment processes, and developing and launching new sustainable and impact investing strategies. The team also works directly with clients around the world to understand their ESG investment objectives and develop innovative solutions.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Investment Stewardship and contribute to the firm’s global stewardship activities. The individual will support our proxy voting process and policies, and work closely with our senior public equity portfolio managers and Global Equity Research team who engage with companies on a daily basis. Given the importance of engagement to the firm, the successful candidate will have exposure to the firm’s senior leadership and have an opportunity to influence the firm’s approach to active ownership. This position will be based in New York City.
ESG Associate, Investment Stewardship
||New York, NY
|Posting Start Date:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the firm’s proxy voting guidelines in line with our fiduciary responsibilities to clients;
- Partner with senior public equity portfolio managers and experienced industry analysts to provide advice and guidance as they engage with company management teams and board members;
- Lead engagements with company management teams and board members;
- Support the development of thought leadership through research and writing, client engagement and broader industry collaborations through content development and communications;
- Conduct research and quantitative analysis, producing presentations for internal and external use to contribute to the development and execution of stewardship processes, data analytics, and reporting;
- Work collaboratively across business areas, including research analysts and reporting teams, to support the implementation of the firm’s commitment to ESG integration in investment processes across asset classes;
- Contribute to enhancing the firm’s approach to active ownership, including proxy voting and issuer engagement practices.
- Demonstrated experience in proxy voting, engagement and corporate governance;
- Familiarity with proxy voting advisors and processes;
- Demonstrated experience of investment processes which may have come from work experience in investment banking, investment management, sell-side research, or management consulting;
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other data analytics;
- Self-starter with strong analytical, organizational, writing, and project management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable and presentable deliverables;
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects in a collaborative manner with multiple stakeholders through to completion in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Accountable, with a strong sense of professionalism and integrity;
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience. CFA or MBA preferred.
||This listing expires on: 9/12/2020