Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Associate, Investor Network is a key member of the Investor Network team and will initially conduct research and manage projects to advance the Ceres Net Zero Investor Campaign and the Paris-Aligned Portfolio Project (together “Investor Climate Work”) which support investors in their transition to net zero portfolios. This position supports work of the Ceres Accelerator for Sustainable Capital Markets. The Senior Associate is responsible for overseeing the consistency and quality of Ceres created, collected and distributed research related to investor climate work and thus is critical to enabling Ceres to scale up efforts to move investors to ensure a smooth transition to the net zero economy.
This is a full-time salaried position, based in the Boston or San Francisco office, and reporting to the Director, Investor Network.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Conduct targeted research and manage project activities in Investor Climate Work;
- Coordinate with Ceres staff, and partner organizations, to encourage investors to take action and organizing meetings and scheduling calls;
- Prepare written research and project materials;
- Conduct targeted competitive/landscape analyses; monitor the marketplace for information relevant to Investor Climate Work; curate resource libraries
- Manage project systems including: meeting notes, tracking action items, and coordinating with relevant staff and partners on project implementation; ensure that systems are maintained for information sharing through Salesforce, the Investor Portal, Google drive and other project management tools.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for Investor Climate Work related working groups and meetings
- Track engagement with investors, NGOs, governments, academic institutions and other stakeholders on Ceres and global investor initiatives including the Global Investor Coalition and the Investor Agenda;
- Assist with related Ceres Accelerator’s projects as required.
- Events management and content development for Ceres events (including Investor working groups, webinars, Summit and Conference) with inputs from Investor team and support from Investor Team Assistant
- Relationship management for a few members of the Investor Network
- Minimum of three to four years of professional experience demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, research and project management abilities.
- Prior experience conducting research and writing analyses
- Demonstrated relationship management skills; managing and strengthening dialogues with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong project management experience including developing and implementing systems to track activity, progress and outcomes.
- Strong analytical, organization, and writing skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint,
- Prior experience with database systems such as Salesforce
- Attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and confidence when interacting with colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to work proactively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.