CII Members, Other Groups Endorse Bill Addressing Dual-Class Stock, Board DiversityThe House Financial Services Committee held a hearing October 5 on SEC oversight in which it issued seven pieces of proposed legislation, including one bill backed by CII that would implement recommendations from the SEC’s Investor Advocate.
CII Files Brief in Support of Lawsuit Challenging SEC 2020 Shareholder Proposal Rule AmendmentsCII on September 23 filed an amicus brief supporting a lawsuit challenging amendments to the shareholder proposal rules the SEC approved in September 2020. The brief provides historical evidence that shareholder proposals have promoted good corporate governance practices and long-term shareholder value. It also explains that the higher thresholds for resubmitting proposals could make re-filing at dual-class companies impossible in many cases. The lawsuit was filed by the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, James McRitchie and As You Sow.
Register Now for Corporate Governance Bootcamp 2021CII welcomes members and guests to register for Corporate Governance Bootcamp 2021, a virtual education program set for November 17-19. Bootcamp is a premium executive education course developed in partnership with New York University School of Law’s Institute for Corporate Governance and Finance. Bootcamp has two tracks: an introductory session, Bootcamp Basics, for those who are new to corporate governance, and a deeper-dive curriculum for governance professionals with some experience as well as participants who completed Bootcamp Basics. Register for one or both. Instructors include NYU faculty and seasoned governance practitioners. See the detailed curriculum here.
2:00 PM to 3:00 PM EDT
11/17/2021 to 11/19/2021 EST
3/7/2022 to 3/9/2022 EST
9/20/2022 to 9/22/2022 EDT
News & Highlights
- October 14 - California Board Diversity Requirements Face Legal Challenge
- October 13 - Tech Start-Ups Surpass $500bn from US Public Listings
- October 13 - Entry into S&P 500 Could Be Influenced by Ratings Sales, Research Suggests
- October 13 - Asset Owners Call for Better Communication with Managers on ESG
- October 13 - U.S. Markets Regulator Faces New Lawsuit over Proxy Advisers
- October 12 - Hedge Fund Manager Hohn Steps Up Campaign over Banks' Fossil-Fuel Loans
- October 12 - Directors Need to Be Held Accountable for Corporate Purpose Commitments, Report Says
- October 12 - Some Investors Find Stability in SPACs
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in corporate governance with weekly educational events
- Access our private, weekly CII Governance Alert E-Newsletter and other reports
- Interact with industry leaders and corporate governance professionals at our semi-annual conferences
- Collaborate with CII and other members and engage with regulators and lawmakers through CII's reputation as the leading advocate for institutional investors
- View current CII members and read more about becoming a member of CII today!