CII Spearheads Pushback Against SEC Proxy Advisor RegulationCII sent a letter co-signed by 60 public and union pension funds, religious orders, hedge funds, mutual funds, other asset managers and investor organizations urging the commission not to saddle proxy advisors with requirements that would reduce independence, effectiveness and competition in the field.
New Website Defends Shareholder ProposalsInvestor groups have launched a new website, the Investor Rights Forum, which explains risks to the shareholder proposal process, and provides research and case studies on the value of shareholder proposals. The sponsoring organizations are US SIF, the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility and the Shareholder Rights Group, with support from CII. The Investor Rights Forum says that the shareholder proposal rule is “not broken,” so “don’t ‘fix’ it.” The site includes useful FAQs, as well as “Shareholder Proposals 101.”
Fair Financial RulesSensible, effective rules safeguard investors and strengthen markets.
Dual-Class StockEach share of a public company's common stock should have one vote.
Majority Voting for DirectorsIn uncontested elections, directors should be elected by majority vote.
Universal ProxyIn contests, investors should be free to vote for the nominees they prefer.
News & Highlights
- October 17 - SEC Seeks Ideas For Improving Trading in Small-Cap Stocks
- October 17 - Working to Benefit Society, Not Just Companies
- October 16 - Drug Giants Close In on a $50 Billion Settlement of Opioid Cases
- October 16 - Corporate-Jet Ownership Flies Mostly Under Shareholders’ Radar
- October 15 - It’s Good for Shareholders When Boards Consider Public Interest
- October 15 - Audit Watchdog Plagued by Internal Strife, Whistleblower Claims
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in corporate governance with weekly educational events
- Access our private, weekly CII Governance Alert E-Newsletter and other reports
- Interact with industry leaders and corporate governance professionals at our semi-annual conferences
- Engage with regulators and lawmakers through CII's reputation as the leading advocate for institutional investors
- View current CII members and read more about our voting and non-voting membership options