CII Members Elects New Board for 2018-19CII has elected a new board of directors for 2018-19, and named Ashbel Williams, executive director and CIO, Florida State Board of Administration (SBA), board chair. In keeping with CII’s bylaws, Williams was elected chair by CII’s public fund members. CII members also elected board officers, including co-chairs Mary Francis, corporate secretary and chief governance officer, Chevron Corp., and John Keenan, corporate governance analyst, AFSCME Employees Pension Plan. The treasurer is Scott Zdrazil, senior investment officer—corporate governance, Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association. The secretary is Cambria Allen, corporate governance director, UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust. The full board of directors are named in a press release.
CII Report Suggests Ways Boards Can Combat Sexual HarassmentIn a new report, CII offers public company boards of directors a range of steps to consider to mitigate the risk of sexual harassment. The 11-page guide details practical steps that touch on personnel, training, policies and procedures, board composition and diversity. “From Weinstein to Wynn (Resorts), we have seen how allegations of sexual misconduct can have profound repercussions for companies—damaging operations and reputation, driving up legal costs, driving down share value and casting an ethical pall over a company,” CII Executive Director Ken Bertsch said. “Overseeing how top executives manage risk is one of the most important duties of a board. Sexual harassment is now on boards’ radar screens but reports suggest many have not done enough to address this risk. CII’s report offers practical ideas on how to tackle this threat.” The report also includes a list of questions shareholders can ask directors to assess the quality of their oversight of sexual harassment.
11:30 AM to 12:00 PM EDT
12:30 PM to 1:30 PM EDT
11:30 AM to 12:30 PM EDT
5:30 PM to 7:30 PM EDT
10/24/2018 to 10/26/2018 EDT
3/4/2019 to 3/6/2019 EST
9/16/2019 to 9/18/2019 EDT
3/9/2020 to 3/11/2020 EDT
Fair Financial RulesSensible, effective rules safeguard investors and strengthen markets.
Dual-Class StockEach share of a public company's common stock should have one vote.
Majority Voting for DirectorsIn uncontested elections, directors should be elected by majority vote.
Universal ProxyIn contests, investors should be free to vote for the nominees they prefer.
News & Highlights
- March 16 - CII Conference Panelists Dish on Corporate Culture, Voting Structures
- March 16 - Wynn Bondholders Poised to Benefit From Turmoil
- March 16 - Probe Uged into Break-Up of Big Four Accountants
- March 16 - Hong Kong’s Richest Man Li Ka-shing Retires
- March 16 - Deutsche Bank Boosts Bonuses to 2.3 Billion Euros Despite Bigger 2017 Loss
- March 15 - With One Battle Over, a Bigger One Looms for Qualcomm: Apple
- March 15 - Theranos’s Fraud Tested the Limits of the Disruption Tale
- March 14 - Senate Passes Bill Loosening Banking Rules, but Hurdles Remain in the House
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in corporate governance
- Access the weekly CII Governance Alert and Special Reports
- Interact with top staff of major U.S. institutional investors at CII conferences
- Gain from CII's reputation as the leading advocate for institutional investors