CII Opens Registration for Fall Conference in MinneapolisMark your calendars and book your rooms—registration for CII’s fall conference is now open. CII members from across the globe will gather in Minneapolis September 16-18 to share ideas and best practices on key issues affecting institutional investors. CII-hosted sessions kick off with SEC Commissioner Robert Jackson Jr. and include discussions on CIO perspectives on fiduciary duty and environmental, social and governance issues; gender pay equity; use of the proxy vote on auditors and audit committee members; corporate governance in bankruptcy; and challenges in renewable energy deployment and transition. Renowned behavioral economics expert Dan Ariely, a professor of psychology at Duke University, will give the keynote address at lunch on September 17 on the secret of motivation at work.
House Committee Presses Big Banks on Diversity and InclusionHouse Financial Services Committee Chair Maxine Waters (D-CA) and Joyce Beatty (D-Ohio), chair of the committee's Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee, sent letters to 37 bank holding companies with more than $50 billion in assets asking them to report on their diversity and inclusion data and policies from 2015 to the present. The lawmakers asked the companies to disclose information including: the gender, race and ethnic identity of their employees; the number and dollar value invested with minority- and women-owned vendors and asset managers as compared to all vendor and asset manager investments; and the size of their staff and budget dedicated to diversity initiatives.
Fair Financial RulesSensible, effective rules safeguard investors and strengthen markets.
Dual-Class StockEach share of a public company's common stock should have one vote.
Majority Voting for DirectorsIn uncontested elections, directors should be elected by majority vote.
Universal ProxyIn contests, investors should be free to vote for the nominees they prefer.
News & Highlights
- June 19 - Nissan and Renault Near a Deal to Resolve Corporate Governance Dispute
- June 18 - Nasdaq Launches Center for Corporate Governance
- June 17 - Blank-Check Boom Hits Snag as SEC Blocks NYSE Plan
- June 17 - Strong Returns Lift Pay for Software CEOs
- June 17 - World’s Top 500 Companies Set to Miss Paris Climate Goals
- June 16 - Calpers’ Dilemma: Save the World or Make Money?
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in corporate governance with weekly educational events
- Access our private, weekly CII Governance Alert E-Newsletter and other reports
- Interact with industry leaders and corporate governance professionals at our semi-annual conferences
- Engage with regulators and lawmakers through CII's reputation as the leading advocate for institutional investors
- View current CII members and read more about our voting and non-voting membership options