Senate Confirms Allison Lee as SEC CommissionerThe Senate today confirmed Allison Lee, a former SEC enforcement lawyer, for the vacant Democratic seat on the five-member Commission. Lee worked at the SEC from 2005-2018. Her tenure included a 16-month stint as counsel to former Commissioner Kara Stein, who left the SEC in January. Prior to the SEC, Lee worked at the Denver law firm of Sherman & Howard.
CII Opens Registration for Fall Conference in MinneapolisMark your calendars and book your rooms—registration for CII’s fall conference is now open. CII members from across the globe will gather in Minneapolis September 16-18 to share ideas and best practices on key issues affecting institutional investors. CII-hosted sessions kick off with SEC Commissioner Robert Jackson Jr. and include discussions on CIO perspectives on fiduciary duty and environmental, social and governance issues; gender pay equity; use of the proxy vote on auditors and audit committee members; corporate governance in bankruptcy; and challenges in renewable energy deployment and transition. Renowned behavioral economics expert Dan Ariely, a professor of psychology at Duke University, will give the keynote address at lunch on September 17 on the secret of motivation at work.
Fair Financial RulesSensible, effective rules safeguard investors and strengthen markets.
Dual-Class StockEach share of a public company's common stock should have one vote.
Majority Voting for DirectorsIn uncontested elections, directors should be elected by majority vote.
Universal ProxyIn contests, investors should be free to vote for the nominees they prefer.
News & Highlights
- June 20 - Renault and Partner Nissan Reach Accord Over Board Dispute
- June 20 - A ‘Sorceress’ in Brazil, a ‘Wink’ in India: Walmart Pleads Guilty After a Decade of Bribes
- June 19 - Deutsche Bank Faces Criminal Investigation for Potential Money-Laundering Lapses
- June 17 - Blank-Check Boom Hits Snag as SEC Blocks NYSE Plan
- June 17 - Strong Returns Lift Pay for Software CEOs
- June 17 - World’s Top 500 Companies Set to Miss Paris Climate Goals
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in corporate governance with weekly educational events
- Access our private, weekly CII Governance Alert E-Newsletter and other reports
- Interact with industry leaders and corporate governance professionals at our semi-annual conferences
- Engage with regulators and lawmakers through CII's reputation as the leading advocate for institutional investors
- View current CII members and read more about our voting and non-voting membership options