- About CII
- Board of Directors
- U.S. Asset Owners Advisory Council
- Corporate Governance Advisory Council
- Markets Advisory Council
- Committees & Working Groups
- CII Staff
- Press Releases
Leading Investor Group Fall Conference
September 11-13, Long Beach, CA
CII Elects Board Members for 2023-2024 Leading Investor Group Spring Conference,
March 6-8, Washington, D.C.
CII Hails SEC for Closing Rule 10b5-1 Insider Trading Loopholes Leading Investor Group Fall Conference
September 21-23, Boston
CII Elects Board Members for 2022-2023 - Members Also Approve Revised Policies on Poison Pills and Shareholder Meetings CII Spring Conference, March 7-9, Washington, D.C. Leading Investor Group Hails SEC Rule Requiring Universal Proxy Cards in Contests for Board Seats CII Virtual Fall Conference, September 22-24 CII Elects Board Members for 2021-2022 CII Virtual Spring Conference, March 8-10 SEC Muzzles the Voice of Investors by Raising the Bar on Shareholder Proposals Leading Investor Group Seeks Strengthened Sustainability Reporting CII Virtual Fall Conference, September 17-22 Leading Investor Group Dismayed by SEC Proxy Advice Rules Leading Investor Group Calls for Action on Racism Amy Borrus to Become Executive Director of the
Council of Institutional Investors on July 1
CII Statement on Virtual Shareholder Meetings During Public Health Emergency CII Elects Board Members for 2020-2021, Approves Three Policies CII Spring Conference, March 9-11, Washington, D.C. Leading Investor Group Blasts SEC’s Proposed Rules for Proxy Advice and Shareholder Proposals CII Announces Advisory Council Members for 2020 Leading Investor Group Rebukes SEC for Proposed Rules That Undercut Critical Shareholder Rights Leading Investor Group Urges Companies to Commit to Long-Term Executive Compensation Council of Institutional Investors Board Appoints Amy Borrus to Succeed Ken Bertsch as Executive Director Media Advisory: CII Fall Conference, September 16-18, Minneapolis Council of Institutional Investors Responds to Business
Roundtable Statement on Corporate Purpose
Leading Investor Group Calls Out Directors Responsible for
Dual-Class Companies Without “Sunsets”
Leading Investor Group Petitions SEC to Require Clear Disclosure on CEO Pay Targets Council of Institutional Investors Says Lyft’s Planned Dual-Class Structure is Harmful to Investors Media Advisory
CII Spring Conference, March 4-6, Washington, D.C.
CII Statement on Share Buybacks CII Research and Education Fund Publishes
Guide to Disclosure of Board Evaluation Processes
Investor Group Applauds CommonSense Principles 2.0 CII Fall Conference, October 23-25, New York City Leading Investor Group Responds to President’s Tweet on Quarterly Financial Reporting Investor Group Responds to Wall Street Journal Editorial CII Applauds Shareholder Protections in House Bill CII Elects New Board, Names Florida SBA Executive
Director & CIO Ashbel Williams Chair
New Report Details Practical Steps Corporate Boards Can Take to Combat Sexual Harassment CII Applauds SEC Commissioner Jackson's Call for Listing Standards to Require Sunsets on Dual-Class Stock CII Spring Conference, March 12-14, Washington. D.C. CII Announces Advisory Council Members for 2018 CII Report Highlights Risks Associated with a Common Chinese Corporate Structure Institutional Investors Oppose Stitch Fix Dual-Class Structure but Welcome Sunset Provision Uber’s Governance — Investor Response Do Not Disadvantage US Investors on Research,
CII Asks SEC
CII Fall Conference, September 13-15, San Diego CII Welcomes S&P Dow Jones’ Decision to Ban New Multi-Class Companies from Key Stock Indexes CII Applauds FTSE Russell Decision to Set Voting Rights
Minimum for Inclusion on Indexes
Investor Group Urges Blue Apron to Ditch No-Vote Shares Institutional Investors Dismayed by House Passage of
Financial CHOICE Act
CII, Institutional Investors with $4+ Trillion in Assets Oppose
Anti-Shareholder Provisions of the CHOICE Act
- CII in the News
- Governance & Financial Information
- Contact Us
- CII Research and Education Fund
CII Spring Conference, March 12-14, Washington. D.C.
SEC Chair Jay Clayton, Wells Fargo Chair Elizabeth Duke to SpeakWashington, D.C., Feb. 14, 2018 — Members of the media are invited to attend the spring conference of the Council of Institutional Investors (CII), March 12-14, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. View full agenda here.
CII represents pension funds and other long-term investors and is a leading voice for effective corporate governance and shareholder rights. The approximately 400 attendees will include investment professionals, regulators and corporate governance experts.
Conference plenary and breakout sessions, and many CII member-hosted events on Monday, March 12, and Tuesday, March 13, are open to the media. All events on Wednesday, March 14 are closed to press.
Press must register to attend (register as a non-member and select the “press” drop-down).
Stationary cameras are permitted by prior arrangement with Rosemary Lally. Roving cameras are not allowed.
Speakers at CII conference sessions on Monday, March 12
- Jay Clayton, chair, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Elizabeth Duke, chair, Wells Fargo
- Henry Fernandez, CEO & chair, MSCI
- Robert Herz, director, Fannie Mae, Morgan Stanley, Workiva
- Ruth Ann Marshall, director, ConAgra Foods, Global Payments, Regions Bank
- Jennifer O’Dell, assistant director of corporate affairs, LIUNA Staff and Affiliates Pension Fund
- Elisse Walter, director, Occidental Petroleum; former chair, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Theresa Whitmarsh, chair, CII board of directors; executive director, Washington State Investment Board
- Teresa Barger, co-founder & CEO, Cartica Management
- Lucian Bebchuk, James Barr Ames Professor of Law, Economics and Finance, Harvard Law School
- Ken Bertsch, executive director, CII
- Amy Borrus, deputy director, CII
- Glenn Davis, director of research, CII
- James Donald, head of emerging markets, Lazard Asset Management
- Alberto Fassinotti, managing director, The Rock Creek Group
- Diana Henriques, author, A First-Class Catastrophe: The Road to Black Monday, the Worst Day in Wall Street History and The Wizard of Lies: Bernie Madoff and the Death of Trust
- Rakhi Kumar, managing director, head of ESG investments and asset stewardship, State Street Global Advisors
- Jeff Mahoney, general counsel, CII
- Mark Makepeace, CEO, FTSE Russell; director of information services, London Stock Exchange Group
- Amy McGarrity, CIO, Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association
- Joel Oswald, principal, Williams & Jensen
- Dan Pedrotty, director of capital strategies, North America’s Building Trades Unions
- Jean Rogers, chair, SASB Standards Board; founder & former CEO, Sustainability Accounting
- Standards Board
- Scott Stringer, comptroller, City of New York
- David Webber, author, The Rise of the Working Class Shareholder
- Meredith Williams, former executive director, National Council on Teacher Retirement
- Andrew Winden, fellow, Rock Center for Corporate Governance; lecturer in law, Stanford University
Click for PDF version. For media inquiries, please contact CII Editor Rosemary Lally.